Gord and Heather Rodin founded Hope Grows Haiti in 2006. It was established from the beginning that all North American teams, workers and staff would be volunteers and cover their own costs so that any funds given or donations made would go directly to helping the Haitian people. The charity started with a small feeding program and sponsoring a school in the Grand Goave mountain regions.
It received registered status In 2008 with Canada Revenue Agency and with the ability to issue receipts, more donations came in and it was soon possible to increase programs.
Our Mission Statement to feed, clothe, house and educate the poor and abandoned children of Grand Goave, Haiti soon developed to include the much needed issues of Medical services and care for the elderly.
In 2013, the charity purchased of five acres of land in the desperately poor and tiny village of Petit Paradis, across the river from the larger city of Grand Goave. A building program suitable to Haitian climate and needs was developed and a compound began to take shape, including a security wall, guest and team lodge, storage depots, church, and a small home. In the spring of 2015 the building of a medical clinic was begun and completed in January 2016.
At this time Hope Grows Haiti now;
- runs a feeding program five days a week serving 300 children a hearty meal everyday
- sponsors 3 schools in mountains, one school in Grand Goave and have opened one on our compound in Petit Paradis
- cares for 15 abandoned elderly with lodging, food, and personal care workers
- brings in medical teams to run the clinic, plus work teams and mission teams
- supports a church on the compound with 300-350 in attendance
- trained and hired a staff of Haitian workers
- does regular clothing and shoe distribution
- offers Pastoral Training seminars for local pastors
Hope Grows Haiti is registered with Canada Revenue Agency and is an official Charity.
We are pleased to offer multiple donation methods. Any donations by cheque should be made to ‘Hope Grows Haiti’. If you would like to designate your donation to one of our projects, please indicate it on your cheque. Our address is:
Hope Grows Haiti
2166 Parkhill Road West
You can also conveniently donate online by clicking the below button.Donate Now